Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Discuss music and media, records, tape, CD's, reel-to-reel, cassettes, whatever. Artists and genre discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
danrclem
Hero Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
Contact:

Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Post: # 30688Post danrclem »

I found this by accident. I was watching a Chet Atkins video and this came up after Chet's video finished. I love the finger picking.

https://youtu.be/R2DCWfBkMSI?si=q8bh5z-SBt77XcTv
User avatar
William
Global Moderator
Posts: 5417
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Location: Hart, Michigan
Contact:

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Post: # 30689Post William »

People that play guitars, banjo, etc. amaze me. I have tried several times and could not get the hang of it. No coordination I guess.

Bill
User avatar
danrclem
Hero Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
Contact:

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Post: # 30691Post danrclem »

I have a banjo and a guitar but that doesn't mean that I'm good at picking either.
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3724
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Post: # 30692Post TC Chris »

She worked as a maid for the Seeger family (kids included Mike & Pete).

Chris Campbell
User avatar
danrclem
Hero Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
Contact:

Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train

Post: # 30696Post danrclem »

I forgot to mention that she plays the guitar with the low E string on the bottom. I think Greg posted a video not too long ago of a guy who played his guitar set up the same way.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests