I found this by accident. I was watching a Chet Atkins video and this came up after Chet's video finished. I love the finger picking.
https://youtu.be/R2DCWfBkMSI?si=q8bh5z-SBt77XcTv
Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
- William
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5417
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
- Location: Hart, Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
People that play guitars, banjo, etc. amaze me. I have tried several times and could not get the hang of it. No coordination I guess.
Bill
Bill
- danrclem
- Hero Member
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
- Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
- Contact:
Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
I have a banjo and a guitar but that doesn't mean that I'm good at picking either.
- TC Chris
- Anchor Member
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Contact:
Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
She worked as a maid for the Seeger family (kids included Mike & Pete).
Chris Campbell
Chris Campbell
- danrclem
- Hero Member
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:33 pm
- Location: Mt. Washington, Ky.
- Contact:
Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
I forgot to mention that she plays the guitar with the low E string on the bottom. I think Greg posted a video not too long ago of a guy who played his guitar set up the same way.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests
