E.H. Scott 510 Console

What treasure have you found lately?
Post Reply
User avatar
William
Global Moderator
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
Location: Hart, Michigan
Contact:

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Post: # 30777Post William »

The price seems good, how far away is that from you, Mr. Mogul? I wonder what it had for a changer?

Bill
User avatar
Hi-Fi-Mogul
Anchor Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Post: # 30778Post Hi-Fi-Mogul »

William wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:35 pm I wonder what it had for a changer? Bill
Changers were Webster-Chicago using several models.
One W-C in the 510 had the G.E. V-R cartridge.
Hi-Fi-Mogul
User avatar
TC Chris
Anchor Member
Posts: 3740
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 am
Location: Traverse City, MI
Contact:

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Post: # 30779Post TC Chris »

I have the chassis in that model. It was in a huge cabinet from Liberty Music, a chain that Scott had some sort of deal with. Mine had a Lincoln both-sides record changer. That relied on rubber devises that were hardened and cracked, so I donated it to a mechanical music museum. The chassis, tuner & amp, needs restoration (filter caps seem to have sorted). It has the same Jensen coaxial.

True E.H. Scott fans get all sniffy about these later models that were riding on the firm's prior reputation. But it's my only chrome-chassis Scott so I ignore the true believers.

Chris Campbell
User avatar
electra225
Site Admin
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Contact:

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Post: # 30781Post electra225 »

I see that amp/power chassis has a 25Z6 tube in it. Also a power transformer and 5Y3 rectifier. The 25Z6 is typically found in a hot chassis/string filament setup. Wonder how they "fire" that tube, and what would its purpose be? That amp is about 50 watts with those big 6L6's.
Life can be tough. It can be even tougher if you're stupid.....
User avatar
Hi-Fi-Mogul
Anchor Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Post: # 30782Post Hi-Fi-Mogul »

My readings about Scott Radio Labs is that after Mr. Scott left
in 1945, the company continued making quality products.

This model sure ain't no junker, and I've read very good
things about them on some other forums from the 510 owners.

The company even published its own info magazine, cool.

https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archi ... s-46-1.pdf
Hi-Fi-Mogul
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 45 guests