Search found 7 matches

by halzg
Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:30 pm
Forum: Other Consoles
Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
Replies: 8
Views: 137

Re: General Electric RC-1674a

Here's another photo of the tuner board, that shows the rectifier and the filter cap.
IMG_2928.jpeg
by halzg
Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:27 pm
Forum: Other Consoles
Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
Replies: 8
Views: 137

Re: General Electric RC-1674a

Thanks all for your help and for following along. Here's the state of affairs today: IMG_2929.jpeg IMG_2930.jpeg IMG_2931.jpeg IMG_2932.jpeg The electronics are on the bench, visually everything looks okay, nothing is visibly burned or damaged. My next step is to get some electrolytics to replace th...
by halzg
Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:05 pm
Forum: Other Consoles
Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
Replies: 8
Views: 137

Re: General Electric RC-1674a

As it turns out, the screws that look like they secure the tuner dial to the faceplate are adjustable standoffs, so I removed two screws holding the tuner chassis to the top of the cabinet and the whole thing slid back. This after I (unnecessarily) removed a few cabinet screws and took the faceplate...
by halzg
Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:27 pm
Forum: Other Consoles
Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
Replies: 8
Views: 137

Re: General Electric RC-1674a

Here are a few photos of the inside. I've read the advice that the entire electronic assembly should be removed as one, due to the indiviual chassis being hardwired together. I'd appreciate any insight as to how to access the chassis mounting screws for the tuner. It appears to be screwed to the und...
by halzg
Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:59 pm
Forum: Other Consoles
Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
Replies: 8
Views: 137

General Electric RC-1674a

Hello, I have inherited a GE RC-1674a mini console. This is the type that can be wall-hung, although this one never was. It was the main stereo in my childhood home, and has been stored in my father's (damp) basement for the past 25 years, unused. I've been checking it over and researching it for a ...
by halzg
Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:36 pm
Forum: Introductions
Topic: New guy
Replies: 4
Views: 123

Re: New guy

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, that's the rig. Mine is all-tube. From my research, it seems the varation in model numbers (1671, 1672, etc) has to do with the color of the faceplate and speaker grille cloth. I've also seen a variation that has a little "curb" around the top of the cabinet, t...
by halzg
Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:30 am
Forum: Introductions
Topic: New guy
Replies: 4
Views: 123

New guy

Hello, new to the forum, not entirely new to old electronics. Recently inherited a GE RC1674a that I have a lot of questions about, looking forward to meeting some folks and learning a lot.


Halzg