The price seems good, how far away is that from you, Mr. Mogul? I wonder what it had for a changer?
Bill
Search found 4090 matches
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:35 pm
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: E.H. Scott 510 Console
- Replies: 5
- Views: 61
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:41 pm
- Forum: Magnificent Magnavox
- Topic: Magnavox Horns 580053 vs 580053-1 vs 580088-1
- Replies: 4
- Views: 100
Re: Magnavox Horns 580053 vs 580053-1 vs 580088-1
The changer looks like the changer in my Berkshire (Collaro 456) but with a different tone arm and better knobs/controls.
Bill
Bill
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:23 pm
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: New member, Doug Peterson, McHenry, IL
- Replies: 10
- Views: 322
Re: New member, Doug Peterson, McHenry, IL
That is a new one too me, and a beautiful console. Is that like a light Walnut? Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller, you can't go wrong with that and as Rex said, they both sound good playing from you console. I like the scary pumkin display too. 
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:23 am
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: New member, Doug Peterson, McHenry, IL
- Replies: 10
- Views: 322
Re: New member, Doug Peterson, McHenry, IL
Welcome, Doug, it is good you found our forum and thank you for following the rules and completing your registration. Post often, with photos
, and be sure to read others threads and check out the downloads. Again welcome aboard!
Bill
Bill
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:23 pm
- Forum: Other Consoles
- Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
- Replies: 12
- Views: 441
Re: General Electric RC-1674a
The PC board around the output tube sockets looks typical for vintage PC boards. And, as far as I am concerned, and that is what I did on the one I serviced, use the long wires, terminal strip, and attach the new electrolytic capacitors. I would also do what is necessary for the can cap on the tuner...
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:39 am
- Forum: Other Consoles
- Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
- Replies: 12
- Views: 441
Re: General Electric RC-1674a
That big orange electrolytic capacitor that is beside the amp chassis is the first thing you need to replace. Like you, I fired up the one I was servicing for someone just to see what worked. Like you it fired up and played just fine, I did not have any sign of a hum which usually indicates the filt...
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:49 am
- Forum: Introductions
- Topic: New guy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 289
Re: New guy
Welcome to our little forum, Halzg. I too am a Michigander, and I actually think Michigan holds the record for having the most members on the forum, so thank you for adding to our ranks. ;) :) Look around, read posts, and enjoy what we have to offer, but mostly have fun. You have one of what I call ...
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:41 am
- Forum: Magnificent Magnavox
- Topic: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
- Replies: 30
- Views: 21871
Re: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
That is ok, Eric, I bypass the original electrolytic can cap as well. I install a terminal strip and bring everything together at the strip. That method works for me, aesthetically it still has original look.
Bill
Bill
- Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:15 pm
- Forum: Magnificent Magnavox
- Topic: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
- Replies: 30
- Views: 21871
Re: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
That looks great, Eric. Nice job!
Bill
Bill
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:50 pm
- Forum: Magnificent Magnavox
- Topic: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
- Replies: 30
- Views: 21871
Re: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
Welcome back! When you say refurbished, did you do something other than clean and polish them?? The look better than new.
Bill
Bill
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:28 pm
- Forum: Music And Media
- Topic: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
- Replies: 4
- Views: 646
Re: Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
People that play guitars, banjo, etc. amaze me. I have tried several times and could not get the hang of it. No coordination I guess.
Bill
Bill
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:30 pm
- Forum: Chat
- Topic: Plenty To Do In Retirement
- Replies: 39
- Views: 13013
Re: Plenty To Do In Retirement
I am so sorry, Rex, so far retirement as not been kind to you. I sure hope someone can find something causing your problems.
Bill
Bill
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:28 pm
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: Magnavox Stereo Theatre - $100 - Florence, Ky.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 745
Re: Magnavox Stereo Theatre - $100 - Florence, Ky.
That is a nice looker, it looks more Italian or French Provencial to me, maybe a little of both. I took a look at the download Maggie brochures, and I could not find anything that looked like this unit. I am guessing 1963???
Bill
Bill
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:26 pm
- Forum: Parts and Service Suppliers
- Topic: Crystal cartridges
- Replies: 14
- Views: 1569
Re: Crystal cartridges
The last I knew Gary had a few high output voltage ceramic cartridges available.
Bill
Bill
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:05 pm
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1044
Re: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
Well, I guess I was wrong, but they sure do look like a V-M from the top. Thanks, Ken, but I am not sure I should be thanking you for the rabbit hole with the Lafayette catalogs.
I found my first record changer in the 1968 catalog. I sure miss companies like Lafayette.
Bill
I found my first record changer in the 1968 catalog. I sure miss companies like Lafayette.
Bill
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:01 am
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2574
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
Sam's Club is like Costco, they have cheaper gas too.
Bill
Bill
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:59 am
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1044
Re: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
I am pretty sure the changer is a V-M made for Admiral. Although I believe at one time Admiral made their own changers but I think that was back in the 78 era.
Bill
Bill
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:12 am
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2574
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
Gas here has dropped to $4.59 a gallon from $4.99 last Thursday. Around here we were told it had something to do with a refinery in Indiana. Not sure what the actual problem was. Also I heard because we are in a low crud crisis, our reserves are really depleted, the powers to be have been trying to ...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:29 am
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: Magnavox Windsor W/TV - $900 - Lawrenceburg, In.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9452
Re: Magnavox Windsor W/TV - $900 - Lawrenceburg, In.
Thanks, Danny, but that would be a great big NO for me too. I can never seem to find the time to work on what I have so bringing something else, especially that big and complicated would be foolish. Nice thought though.
Bill
Bill
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 11:35 pm
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2574
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
OK, I think I hate you!, yours is just starting and ours is just ending. The last car show for this area is October 10 and is part of the Pentwater Fall Fest. It is usually a large car show with lots of eye candy to drool over. I just hope it does not snow!
Bill
Bill
