Audio Input Wiring ? 1954 Sears 4048 Radio Phono
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 8:02 pm
The separate power supply is re-capped and functional.
Dave1138 did me a favor and checked the radio/phono
chassis, and said it has a good chance to work with a
re-cap. So, I'll do that later this month.
What I want to do is wire an RCA jack to the phono
input plug, so I can plug in a record changer, CD, et cetera.
I have the original 3 prong male phono plug, but the V-M
changer is missing.
Looking at the phono input diagram, I think one connection
probably went to the changer tonearm or base.
Would someone post their diagram of how to do the new wiring ?
Thanks !
.
Dave1138 did me a favor and checked the radio/phono
chassis, and said it has a good chance to work with a
re-cap. So, I'll do that later this month.
What I want to do is wire an RCA jack to the phono
input plug, so I can plug in a record changer, CD, et cetera.
I have the original 3 prong male phono plug, but the V-M
changer is missing.
Looking at the phono input diagram, I think one connection
probably went to the changer tonearm or base.
Would someone post their diagram of how to do the new wiring ?
Thanks !
.