Page 1 of 1

E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:08 pm
by Hi-Fi-Mogul

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:35 pm
by William
The price seems good, how far away is that from you, Mr. Mogul? I wonder what it had for a changer?

Bill

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:35 pm
by Hi-Fi-Mogul
William wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:35 pm I wonder what it had for a changer? Bill
Changers were Webster-Chicago using several models.
One W-C in the 510 had the G.E. V-R cartridge.

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:15 pm
by TC Chris
I have the chassis in that model. It was in a huge cabinet from Liberty Music, a chain that Scott had some sort of deal with. Mine had a Lincoln both-sides record changer. That relied on rubber devises that were hardened and cracked, so I donated it to a mechanical music museum. The chassis, tuner & amp, needs restoration (filter caps seem to have sorted). It has the same Jensen coaxial.

True E.H. Scott fans get all sniffy about these later models that were riding on the firm's prior reputation. But it's my only chrome-chassis Scott so I ignore the true believers.

Chris Campbell

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:17 am
by electra225
I see that amp/power chassis has a 25Z6 tube in it. Also a power transformer and 5Y3 rectifier. The 25Z6 is typically found in a hot chassis/string filament setup. Wonder how they "fire" that tube, and what would its purpose be? That amp is about 50 watts with those big 6L6's.

Re: E.H. Scott 510 Console

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:25 am
by Hi-Fi-Mogul
My readings about Scott Radio Labs is that after Mr. Scott left
in 1945, the company continued making quality products.

This model sure ain't no junker, and I've read very good
things about them on some other forums from the 510 owners.

The company even published its own info magazine, cool.

https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archi ... s-46-1.pdf