Search found 7497 matches
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:01 am
- Forum: Other Consoles
- Topic: General Electric RC-1674a
- Replies: 7
- Views: 111
Re: General Electric RC-1674a
I have a set of those guts upstairs that I took out of an ugly GE console. IT works, pretty well, actually. That amp is found in several GE stereo/record players. I have that amp chassis in an RC-1590 C and I use it more than almost any other stereo record player I own. The amp chassis has a power t...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:35 pm
- Forum: Magnificent Magnavox
- Topic: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19480
Re: 1963-ish 1ST288G Restoration
I'd be interested in knowing your cleaning methods used on the transformers. I admire that level of workmanship. I used to do things like that when I was restoring cars, but I was a lot younger then......

- Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:16 am
- Forum: Parts and Service Suppliers
- Topic: Crystal cartridges
- Replies: 14
- Views: 679
Re: Crystal cartridges
Dennis, I had a Silvertone console radio, a 12-tuber with a 12" speaker that had a recording feature. It had two tone arms, one weighed as much as a small car, for recording, the other was still pretty heavy by modern standards, but it was for playback. I don't remember the model number anymore...
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:07 am
- Forum: Parts and Service Suppliers
- Topic: Crystal cartridges
- Replies: 14
- Views: 679
Re: Crystal cartridges
Look near the bottom of the ARF home page. "Radio Classified" is the board for things like that.
Maybe this will help>
https://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=459502
Maybe this will help>
https://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=459502
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:04 am
- Forum: Record Players
- Topic: Newcomb 1656 find…
- Replies: 9
- Views: 450
Re: Newcomb 1656 find…
"I fiddled with it....." is a common cure for many maladies afflicting old electronic equipment.......
Good job!
Good job!
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:26 am
- Forum: Parts and Service Suppliers
- Topic: Crystal cartridges
- Replies: 14
- Views: 679
Re: Crystal cartridges
In the way of being the devil's advocate....... ;) ;) You might be able to use a high-output ceramic cartridge if you can get the tone arm weight right. That radio will have a pre-amp stage that would build up the output of a ceramic cartridge so it could drive the output to sufficient volume. I saw...
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:47 pm
- Forum: Record Players
- Topic: Newcomb 1656 find…
- Replies: 9
- Views: 450
Re: Newcomb 1656 find…
No tape pressure on the capstan?
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:38 am
- Forum: Record Players
- Topic: Newcomb 1656 find…
- Replies: 9
- Views: 450
Re: Newcomb 1656 find…
The belts in the tape deck may have turned to goo, but they aren't too tough to change. Otherwise it might work right like it is. You can't beat Newcomb for being tough. They are hard to find parts for, in my experience.
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:36 am
- Forum: Chat
- Topic: Plenty To Do In Retirement
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11586
Re: Plenty To Do In Retirement
Good thoughts and prayers certainly coming your way. I hope you can find some relief.
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:24 am
- Forum: Chat
- Topic: Another scam
- Replies: 1
- Views: 168
Another scam
Hadn't heard of this one, but have been a recent victim. What will the scammers come up with next? :evil: :evil: The wife's son sent me a $50 gift card for my birthday. I always go to the store the card is drawn on and check to make sure the gift card is good. I don't know why, really, I do this, ot...
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:23 pm
- Forum: Parts and Service Suppliers
- Topic: Crystal cartridges
- Replies: 14
- Views: 679
Re: Crystal cartridges
You could also send Gary at VM Enthusiasts an email to see what he could provide. He is listed on this board.
https://thevoiceofmusic.com/
Not too toot the horn of ARF, but if you get on their Parts board, West Tech is listed as being a rebuilder of crystal cartridges.
https://thevoiceofmusic.com/
Not too toot the horn of ARF, but if you get on their Parts board, West Tech is listed as being a rebuilder of crystal cartridges.
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:51 pm
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 592
Re: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
My uncle had an Admiral console much like that one, if not identical to it. It had two chassis with a 5U4 rectifier and P-P 6BQ5 audio. It sounded really nice. He got it from the Columbia Record Club, on a promotion. Circa 1963.
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:26 am
- Forum: Finds
- Topic: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 592
Re: I.D. Changer and Console in FB ?
Admiral. No guess on the changer.
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:34 pm
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1516
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
I was in AJ this afternoon looking for a car show that didn't exist..... :oops: Gas on the Trail was $4.43, down the road about three miles, $4.94. Go figure. They have to haul it farther to the Trail.....Both of these were Shell stations. We are thinking about joining Costco. I really don't like th...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:39 pm
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1516
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
I know an owner-operator who has an older Pete 359 that is paid for. He has parked his truck and is driving for Walmart while fuel costs are so high. He was leased to a local dairy. He says it isn't worth wearing out his truck while he loses money. He can go back to the dairy once things return to s...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:42 pm
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1516
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
$4.99 at the convenience store on the corner. Up 35 cents from last week.
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:44 am
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1516
Re: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
Our two favorite car shows are coming up in February this year. Hint, Hint........
I haven't heard when Florence show is on this year. The weather is typically really nice for that show. Hint, hint.....
REALLY nice.......

I haven't heard when Florence show is on this year. The weather is typically really nice for that show. Hint, hint.....
REALLY nice.......
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:57 pm
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1516
YIPPEE!! Car show season starts with $5 gas
This Friday is the first cruise-in of the season in AJ that I like to attend. With gas prices like they are, it will cost $25 to put the key in the ignition of the Buick. Premium is close to $6 while Diesel is $6.29. My budget for Buick gas this winter will have to be $100 minimum per month. That, p...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:20 am
- Forum: Our Other Toys
- Topic: New Holland #77 baler
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1587
Re: New Holland #77 baler
In 1969, Grandpa and Dad went to the Farm Progress Show, and, to make a long story short, came home with an Oliver 1655 gasser that the Sharp Bros. in Indy used for a show tractor at the show. Everything that could be unbolted had been chromed. 23.1 rear tires and fat front tires. Behind it was a ne...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:51 am
- Forum: Other Consoles
- Topic: Wurlitzer--2d try
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1771
Re: Wurlitzer--2d try
Nice juke box, Chris! I wanted one, but never found the right one.
