This Bobbed Up On YouTube Today

The place to talk about almost anything, as long as it's nice......
19&41
Global Moderator

This Bobbed Up On YouTube Today

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
electra225
Site Admin

Re: This Bobbed Up On YouTube Today

I was fortunate to have met Ken Curtis and was in his presence on several occasions. I worked as service manager in an auto repair shop in Scottsdale in the early 1990's. The man I worked for had done stunt work and played with "house" bands in the movies, doing westerns. He became friends with Ken Curtis during a stint of picking guitar for the Sons of the Pioneers. He was also friends, personal friends, with Ben Johnson. I had mentioned to "Mr. B" the boss that I would like to meet Ken Curtis and Ben Johnson.

I was at my desk doing invoices on day when I heard a distinctive voice over my shoulder "What's a feller gotta do to get a little service around this popsickle stand?". I turned around in my chair, there stood Ben Johnson and Ken Curtis. They were both exactly how you see them on TV. Not a pretentious bone in their bodies. Common as dirt.
A good leader is someone who can tell you where to go, and make you look forward to the trip.

Never allow someone who has done nothing to advise you on anything.
19&41
Global Moderator

Mighty fortunate, indeed. They've left us a lot of their best work.
-Arthur C. Clarke
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair
hermitcrab
Anchor Member

don't you just love the titles of some of these videos .... anything to get a click on it...
electra225
Site Admin

Clickbait. There is a lot of that on YouTube. The ones that aggravate me most are the ones that you have to watch the entire video to find the object of the title on the last paragraph of the video. :cry: :shock:
A good leader is someone who can tell you where to go, and make you look forward to the trip.

19&41
Global Moderator

That's what they made that little slider at the bottom of the screen for. Fantastic titles are just that. fantastic. :)
-Arthur C. Clarke
-Upton Sinclair
electra225
Site Admin

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who uses the little blue slider at the bottom of the screen. ;) :roll: :lol:

hermitcrab
Anchor Member

Not only stupid videos , but the commercials .... did you know that by drinking water overnight you can cure weight gain, diabetes , cancer eyesight , hearing.... water does all that... who would of thunk it? :lol:
19&41
Global Moderator

As an added bonus there is that little lozenge at the lower right of the screen that one can leave the cursor on and left click the moment it says 'skip'. All those commercials are a pain but they have to generate revenue somehow. I know I can't afford to buy YouTube commercial free.
-Arthur C. Clarke
-Upton Sinclair
electra225
Site Admin

Modern technology is a lot of trouble. What happened to the days when you could go to old George, or Jim, or Shorty and ask him what you wanted to know? Nothing is a mystery anymore. Information is at our fingertips. A man can't spin a yarn anymore. Somebody will be Googling what he is talking about to see if he is pulling their leg....... ;) :oops: :roll:

Hi-Fi-Mogul
Anchor Member

I haven't loaded it on the new Linux OS I use, but
ad blocker plus used to work very well on windows os's.
Hi-Fi-Mogul